Business Banking Qualification (NQF 5)
The qualification has been curated by Culhane Consulting and explores business banking concepts, understanding and analysing financial statements, business risk analysis and how to win business and close deals. It has been designed to add value to the qualifying learner and further promote their competence, marketability and employability.
You will learn about accounting principles for business bankers and the 10 commandments of credit that should never be broken under any circumstance, the legal aspect of securities, analysing financial risk, building relationships with your business clients and much more.
During your studies you will gain the practical skills and knowledge to successfully thrive in the business banking environment.
Who is this qualification for?
- Middle to senior management in Retail Banking who wish to develop comprehensive skills in order to migrate into a Business or Commercial Banking environment
- All staff members who are involved, or will in the near future be involved, in the credit process for small to medium-sized business. These will include:
- Business Analysts
- Credit Officers
- Credit Managers
- Branch Managers
- Business Bankers
- Relationship Officers in a Business environment
- Relationship Managers in a Business environment
- Newly appointed graduates in Business Banking
- Newly appointed Managers
- Experienced credit managers who are looking for a refresher programme in credit
Non-bankers who would like to seek employment in the banking sector
- Lectures 24
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3-5 hours per week
- Skill level NQF 5
- Language English
- Students 274
- Assessments Yes
Module 1: Accounting Principles for Business Bankers
Module 2: Legal Aspects of Securities
Module 3: Analysis of Financial Risk
Module 4: Advanced Credit Assessment in Practice
Module 5: Winning Business and Closing Deals