BBA Terms and Conditions
“Chartall Business College”, “Chartall”, “the college” or “we” mean Chartall Business College (Pty) Ltd. (reg. no. 2003/015217/07).
The application, registration and tuition fees are set out below, and may be amended from time to time.
- Application fee R250,00
- Subjects at NQF level 5 & 6 R3 300,00
- Subjects at NQF level 7 R3 300,00 – R6 600,00
- Research project NQF level 7 R9 900,00
- RPL for access R2 200,00
- Initial RPL exemption application R800,00
- RPL for exemption ‘course’ (one trimester) R3 300,00
- RPL exemption per subject (after initial application has been successful) R2 200,00
- CAT application R500,00
- Online library (Perlego) R250,00 per month
- Supplementary exams R500,00
Tuition fees include:
- All online access to the Chartall Learning Management System (LMS);
- All first assessments (WIL assignments and examinations)
Tuition fees do not include:
- Supplementary examinations (where students qualify to write)
- Any hard-copy textbooks and access to online library
- Re-enrolments where a subject is failed
Computer and internet access
Every student will be required to have the use of a computer and internet access that meets the minimum requirements, as follows:
- Desktop, laptop or tablet computer running word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, preferably Microsoft Office, a modern internet browser and video recording and playback functionality. We recommend Windows 10, OS X, iOS9, Android 5.0 or later versions.
- A stable internet connection with sufficient download and upload speed to be able to conduct a 2-way video call. This would typically be ADSL 4Mbps, fibre, or LTE or equivalent.
There will be three trimesters per annum with three intakes. Students have a maximum of five years to complete their BBA degree, from the first enrolment.
Applications must be made in writing using the Chartall BBA Application Form and must be signed by the student with an acknowledgement of these terms and conditions. All supporting documentation requested in the application form should be provided. Chartall reserves the right to accept or decline any application without providing reasons for its decision. An application will constitute full registration on a subject upon acceptance thereof by Chartall, and full payment of the applicable fees or written acceptance of the instalment fee arrangements.
Upon completion of the application process, including acceptance by Chartall Business College, the student will be deemed to be enrolled and thus entitled to participate in lectures and tutorial sessions, and to have access to the applicable training materials.
Cancellation and postponement:
Students wishing to cancel or postpone their studies may do so only in writing, addressed to [email protected], to be received prior to the completion of the previous trimester. The full fees for the current trimester will remain due and payable. Upon completion of each trimester, the student will be deemed to be enrolled for the next trimester and liable for the full fees therefore, unless such written notice has been given.
Non-engagement online, non-submission or failure to participate in lectures, tutorials and assessment does not constitute a cancellation and the trimester fees remain due and payable.
Acceptance of a cancellation or postponement will be confirmed in writing by Chartall Business College.
Payment of fees
Fees are payable in equal monthly instalments over the period of the trimester, the first instalment being due prior to commencement of the trimester.
Access to the LMS will be blocked should a students’ fees not be paid as agreed.
No VAT is payable on educational services, which are exempt in terms of the VAT Act.
Refund of prepaid fees
Refunds are subject to Chartall’s cancellation terms as set out above. We will only refund monies to the original payer’s bank account.
Enrolments where a learnership or bursary agreement is signed are not refundable. Credits may be granted for alternative training.
Learnerships resulting in BBBEE points involve a quarterly review of learner and workplace activity, in order to safeguard the integrity of the process and the requirements of BBBEE verification.
We comply with the South African Protection of Personal Information (PoPI) Act No. 4 of 2013. No student information will be provided to a third party without the student’s consent.
- Every applicant or student warrants that information supplied by themselves or on their behalf regarding prior qualification for entry requirement is true, accurate and legally valid. Should this be found not to be the case, the student or applicant will be legally bound to pay as per normal cancellation clauses, and their enrolment will be terminated.
- The applicant/undersigned hereby chooses e-mail, sms or regular post as the communication method for all accounts and notices for services supplied.
Modes of communication
All written communications between Chartall Business College and students will be via email or text messaging. Bulk materials, textbooks and original materials will be dispatched via regular postal services.
Chartall online Learning Management System (LMS)
To make learning accessible to all registered students irrespective of their location, Chartall has embraced online learning which is deployed through our online Learning Management System (LMS). Each subject will be taught as follows:
- Pre-recorded online lectures, one per week to be viewed in the student’s own time;
- Self-study of online resources (textbooks, articles, videos, etc.);
- Regular and on-demand e-tutorials which must be attended live (but which are recorded for online viewing);
- Participation in ongoing discussion forums.
Copyright on Chartall materials
All materials published on the Chartall LMS are subject to copyright in favour of the relevant publisher or Chartall Business College. None of that material may be copied, stored or transmitted in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, broadcast or otherwise, without the written permission of the publisher and/or Chartall Business College.