Community-Based Organisations (CBOs) are usually Non-profit Organisations made up of members from a local community that take ownership of developing their community and the livelihoods of local residents through realising the full potential of community assets. The nature of entities include Voluntary Associations, Non-profit Companies (NPCs) or Trusts. Some even register as Social Enterprises (for-profit). Faith-based CBOs are called Faith Based Organisations (FBOs).
Non-governmental Organisations (NGOs) are Non-profit Organisations that function independently from government, that is, not of or initiated by government. NGOs are professional-driven organisations that receive funding from international aid organisations and governments, to fund country-level programmes and or to redistribute funding to NPOs and CBOs. The nature of entities include Voluntary Associations, Non-profit Companies (NPCs) or Trusts.
Your registration is subject to you being verified as a NPO. Please prepare to upload the documents below, once you have registered on the LMS.
1. (Required) One or two of the following documents:
1. a. NPO Certificate of Registration and or verification via the Department of Social Development (DSD) NPO online register http://www.npo.gov.za/.
1. b. CIPC (Companies and Intellectual Property Commission) Certificate of Registration of NPC and or verification via the CIPC eServices Enterprise Search Tool http://eservices.cipc.co.za/.
2. (Required) Proof of membership or employment.
3. (Required) Certified copy of ID (must be certified)
4. (Optional) Proof of trust from Chief Master of the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development.
5. (Optional) PBO certificate.