Entrepreneurship is an individual’s ability to turn ideas into action. It includes creativity, innovation and risk-taking, as well as the ability to plan and manage projects in order to achieve objectives. Entrepreneurship is vital to promoting innovation, competitiveness and economic growth. Fostering entrepreneurial spirit supports the creation of new businesses and business growth. However, entrepreneurial skills also provide benefits regardless of whether a person intends to start a business. Entrepreneurial skills are applicable to a person’s personal and working life as it encompasses creativity, initiative, tenacity, teamwork, understanding of risk, and a sense of responsibility. Entrepreneurial skills are not related to a specific occupation, discipline or qualification.
In this course you will learn about:
- the entrepreneurial environment
- the legislation and regulations that small and emerging businesses must adhere to.
- the personal characteristics and skills of an entrepreneur
- managing the income and expenditure of your own business and
- the basics of marketing and how to use social media for marketing purposes and the importance of negotiation and networking skills.