Negotiations are not only reserved for the boardrooms and business individuals in clad suits. Negotiations are undertaken by those who seek to resolve issues in a mutually beneficial manner, no matter what setting you might find yourself in.
This course will take you through the groundwork necessary for negotiations, bargaining techniques, and closing a deal that may be outside the boardroom or on behalf of someone else. The skills you will learn here will stand you in good stead both in your work life and personal life.
You will have the opportunity to learn from industry experts in negotiation such as Michel Ghazal and Adam Grant.
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8-10 weeks
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 587
- Assessments Yes
Negotiation skills curriculumThis short course is aligned to U/S117853 - Conduct negotiations to deal with conflict situations Students who choose to undergo assessment will receive 8 credits towards the National Certificate in Generic Management (NQF 5).
- Week 1: Understanding negotiations
- Week 2: Laying the groundwork for negotiations
- Week 3: Exchanging information
- Week 4: Bargaining techniques and mutual gain
- Week 5: Closing and dealing with difficult issues
- Week 6: Negotiating outside the boardroom
- Week 7: Negotiating on behalf of someone else
- Week 8: Test your knowledge