National Certificate In Real Estate (NQF 5)
The Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB) made it compulsory that all principal agents must acquire a full qualification. This qualification covers all the required management, marketing, ethical, legal and financial skills necessary to manage a team of agents effectively. It is the first step in fulfilling the EAAB’s legal requirements (the other requirements are the passing of the Professional Designation Exam (PDE) and ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)).Is this qualification for me?
The qualification is offered either by means of RPL or blended learning.
Blended learning offers a blend of online lectures (the same number of hours as you would get in class), using the same notes and slides you would receive in class. In addition, you will be given access to additional resources, such as videos by subject matter experts, readings and third-party videos.
RPL (for existing full status principal agents) involves no training or additional resources.
must be a full status principal agent (or have been a full status principal agent in the past, with extensive real estate management experience;
will be required to complete a pre-RPL assessment in order to ensure readiness for RPL.
To enrol for blended learning, you:
must have completed the National FETC: Real Estate (NQF 4) and passed the EAAB’s Professional Designation Exam (PDE);
should ideally be employed in a real estate agency supervisory position, as there are practical projects to complete;
must have a PC or tablet with sufficient internet connectivity to download the online learning materials and view videos and online lectures.
- Lectures 20
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 Months
- Skill level NQF 5
- Language English
- Students 7820
- Assessments Yes
Real estate management
- 116484 Evaluate a specified code of ethics and/or code of conduct
- 15064 Analyse and interpret real estate principles, practice, information in the real estate environment
- 15068 Implement and control administration of real estate systems, policies and procedures
- 15061 Implement and maintain legal requirements within a real estate business
Marketing and business management
Human resource management
- 11909 Monitor and advise on substantive conditions of employment and related rights and obligations in an organisation
- 10171 Manage the capture, storage and retrieval of human resources information using an information system
- 10169 Administer data, systems, payments and provide advice related to compensation 10981 Supervise work unit to achieve work unit objectives (individuals and teams)
- 8555 Contribute to information distribution regarding HIV/AIDS in the workplace
- 12999 Contribute to the management of costs and the enhancement of value
- 13000 Contribute to the planning and allocation of resources within an accounting framework
- 12997 Prepare financial reports and returns
- 7878 Prepare and maintain financial records and statements
- 15071 Collate, interpret and utilise financial information in a real estate business
Electives: one of the following categories