National Certificate in Real Estate (NQF 5) RPL
The Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB) made it mandatory that all principal agents must acquire this National Certificate in Real Estate. The qualification covers all the required management, marketing, people, ethical, legal and financial skills necessary to manage a team of agents effectively. It is the first step in fulfilling the EAAB’s legal requirements. The other requirements are:
- the passing of the Professional Designation Exam (PDE), and
- ongoing Continuing Professional Development [CPD]).
The Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) mode of attaining the qualification is perfect for existing principals or branch managers (or ex principals or branch managers) who need the qualification to be legally compliant with the EAAB’s requirements.
Non-principal agents who are looking to develop their skills so that they can start their own real estate agency, or acquire a franchise, are generally not RPL candidates and they are advised to rather attend training to earn the qualification.
The qualification provides successful learners with access to the Chartall Business College Bachelor of Business Administration degree.
Learners who hold an FFC as a full status principal agent may apply for RPL, but they may also opt for the online learning delivery option if they feel that they do not have sufficient current learning to complete the assessments without training. This is because there is no training and no training materials with the RPL option. You simply complete the assessment. Learners with less workplace experience should rather complete the qualification through the blended learning delivery method.
To enrol for RPL learners must be a full status principal agent (or have been a full status principal agent in the past) and have extensive real estate management experience. You will be required to complete a pre-RPL assessment in order to ensure readiness for RPL.
Learners will complete their RPL assessment online, so you will need a PC or tablet with sufficient internet connectivity to download and upload the assessments. A good level of computer literacy is also an advantage.
You should ideally be employed by a real estate agency in a supervisory position, as there are practical projects to complete
The advantage of the portfolio as a mode of assessment is that it can be used after the learning to support the learner’s CV as it showcases what they can do practically (you will need to keep a copy of it for this purpose). Learners will still need to comply with any requirements of the EAAB (such as writing Professional Designation Examinations and ongoing professional development [CPD]).
Learners may also be required to write a Final Summative Assessment once they have completed their portfolio successfully. Chartall will keep enrolled learners up-to-date with the SETA’s requirements for this assessment.
- Lectures 20
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 Months
- Skill level NQF 5
- Language English
- Students 4332
- Assessments Yes
Real estate management
- 116484 Evaluate a specified code of ethics and/or code of conduct
- 15064 Analyse and interpret real estate principles, practice, information in the real estate environment
- 15068 Implement and control administration of real estate systems, policies and procedures
- 15061 Implement and maintain legal requirements within a real estate business
Marketing and business management
Human resource management
- 11909 Monitor and advise on substantive conditions of employment and related rights and obligations in an organisation
- 10171 Manage the capture, storage and retrieval of human resources information using an information system
- 10169 Administer data, systems, payments and provide advice related to compensation 10981 Supervise work unit to achieve work unit objectives (individuals and teams)
- 8555 Contribute to information distribution regarding HIV/AIDS in the workplace
- 12999 Contribute to the management of costs and the enhancement of value
- 13000 Contribute to the planning and allocation of resources within an accounting framework
- 12997 Prepare financial reports and returns
- 7878 Prepare and maintain financial records and statements
- 15071 Collate, interpret and utilise financial information in a real estate business
Electives: one of the following categories