A Project Manager applies knowledge of project management to achieve project objectives in a specific field of application. This fully registered and accredited qualification aims to prepare you to operate effectively as a Project Manager.
This qualification will enable a learner with the necessary knowledge, skills, and attributes to:
- Initiate a project to address specific project objectives.
- Plan and prepare the delivery of a project.
- Execute and control the delivery of a project management plan.
- Manage the project close-out process.
These modules cover all QCTO specified knowledge, as well as the practical and workplace components of the national curriculum as developed and accredited by the QCTO.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is this accredited?
This is accredited with the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) at an NQF 5 level, SAQA ID: 101869. The certificate is 240 credits.
Is this Unit Standard aligned?
The qualification is not made up of unit standards but rather knowledge, practical and workplace modules
Do I write tests/exams?
After receiving a statement of results for all the modules you will need to complete an External Integrated summative assessment (EISA) through the QAP which is Services SETA
Must I submit a Portfolio of Evidence?
You will be required to submit a portfolio of knowledge, practical and workplace evidence.
Can I earn exemptions?
Currently there are no exemptions available.
Is it available via RPL?
You may RPL for access to the EISA or to the qualification.
Do I need to be employed to enrol?
You are required to be in a project management role in order to complete this qualification.
Is this a fully online course?
Yes, the course is fully online. The course material is a combination of e-learning, resources, and pre-recorded e-lectures.
Do you offer a blended learning option?
Yes, we offer a blended learning approach. This is available as part of our corporate training and development solutions
Do I need the internet access for this course?
Yes, you do need internet access. A PC or tablet with sufficient connectivity to download learning materials and view videos.
12 - 24 Months
NQF level 5
- Lectures 12
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
- The qualification is clustered into 12 learning Modules. These are:
- 1. Introduction and overview
- 2. Project structures, initiation and stakeholder commitment
- 3. Project Feasibility management
- 4. Project Scope management
- 5. Project Risk management
- 6. Project Scheduling management
- 7. Project Costing management
- 8. Project Time management
- 9. Project Resource management
- 10. Project Quality management
- 11. Project Communication management
- 12. Project Systems management