This qualification is for those who want to build on a FETC, or for those learners who have completed the National Certificate: Occupationally Directed Education, Training and Development, NQF Level 5, to enter the field of Occupationally Directed Education, Training and Development as a potential career, and have little or no previous exposure to Education, Training and Development (ETD).
The qualification will also be valuable for those who may have been practising within the field, but without formal recognition.
This highly sought-after National Diploma (NQF 5) in occupationally directed education, training and development practices hones the skills required by training and development professionals in South Africa.
This course can also be completed via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
The National Diploma in ODETDP addresses the general competencies across eight key education, training and development (ETD) roles. This provides an opportunity for learners to specialise in any four areas in line with their areas of interest. This is done by selecting electives from the specialist areas of your choice. These eight areas are:
- Design and develop learning programmes;
- Facilitate and evaluate learning;
- Provide learning support to learners and organisations;
- Engage in and promote assessment practices;
- Conduct skills development facilitation;
- Develop standards and qualifications;
- Manage and administer education, training and development;
- Engage in general management activities.
This National Diploma in ODETDP can be obtained through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) with Chartall Business College.
There is no training offered with the RPL enrolment option and all assessments are completed using your existing learning as the basis for your answers. A textbook is recommended to assist learners and online e-tutorials will be arranged to support students from time-to-time. Your e-coach will also be available to answer any questions you may have.
Learners will complete their RPL assessment electronically, so you will need a PC or tablet with sufficient internet connectivity to download and upload the assessments.
All RPL candidates must EITHER have completed the assessor (115753) and moderator (115759) unit standards OR must enrol to complete them separately as these cannot be RPL-ed. (Online learning options are available for both the assessor and moderator unit standards at an additional cost.)
RPL candidates need a good understanding and in-depth knowledge of at least four (but preferably all) of the eight subject areas. They must also have the ability to read and research where their own knowledge is limited. A good command of English is essential as all assessments are in English.
Access to real work examples of materials, policies and documents created in the ETD space will be advantageous as it will shorten the time to completion and provide supporting evidence of competency.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is this accredited?
SAQA ID: 50333
Is this Unit Standard aligned?
All full qualifications are composed of unit standards. All unit standards in this qualification are recognised by ETDP SETA.
Do I write tests/exams?
This qualification is assessed through a Portfolio of Evidence per skills programme and/or unit standard as well as a final summative assessment when you have successfully completed your portfolio.
Must I submit a Portfolio of Evidence?
This qualification is assessed through assessments that comprise of a Portfolio of Evidence per skills programme and/or unit standard as well as a final summative assessment when you have successfully completed your portfolio.
Can I earn exemptions?
Exemptions are governed by the ETDP SETA’s policies. At this stage, only the exemptions granted are for existing unit standards already achieved.
Is it available via RPL?
This qualification can be completed via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional requirements must be adhered to, to qualify for RPL.
Do I need to be employed to enrol?
You should also ideally be employed in a junior management role so that you can relate your learning practically to your workplace (although this is not essential and many complete successfully while not working).
Is this a fully online course?
Yes, the course is fully online. The course material is a combination of e-learning, resources, and pre-recorded e-lectures.
Do you offer a blended learning option?
Yes, we offer a blended learning approach. This is available as part of our corporate training and development solutions
Do I need the internet access for this course?
Yes, you do need internet access. A PC or tablet with sufficient connectivity to download learning materials and view videos.
NQF level 5
- Lectures 34
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 24 months
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 121
- Assessments Yes
- EXIT LEVEL OUTCOME 1: COMMUNICATION
- Unit Standard 115792 – Access, process, adapt and use data from a wide range of texts
- Unit Standard 115789 – Sustain oral interaction across a wide range of contexts and critically evaluate spoken texts
- Unit Standard 115791 – Use language and communication strategies for vocational and occupational learning
- Unit Standard 115790 – Write and present for a wide range of purposes, audiences and contexts
- EXIT LEVEL OUTCOME 2: DESIGN AND DEVELOP LEARNING PROGRAMMES AND PROCESSES5
- Unit Standard 123396 – Define target audience profiles and skills gaps
- Unit Standard 123394 – Develop outcomes-based learning programmes
- Unit Standard 123401 – Design outcomes-based learning programmes
- Unit Standard 10305 – Devise interventions for learners who have special needs
- Unit Standard 10146 – Supervise a project team of a developmental project to deliver project objectives
- EXIT LEVEL OUTCOME 3: FACILITATE AND EVALUATE LEARNING5
- Unit Standard 123398 – Facilitate the transfer and application of learning in the workplace
- Unit Standard 10294 – Identify and respond to learners with special needs and barriers to learning
- Unit Standard 123397 – Evaluate a learning intervention using given evaluation instruments
- Unit Standard 119665 – Demonstrate understanding of the concept of human rights and democracy and its application in society
- Unit Standard 123400 – Evaluate and promote education training and development (ETD) providers, services, and products for organisational use
- EXIT LEVEL OUTCOME 4: ENGAGE IN AND PROMOTE ASSESSMENT PRACTICES
- Unit Standard 115753 – Conduct outcomes-based assessment (Note learners who have not been awarded this unit standard will need to be trained and assessed separately. This can be done through Chartall Business College at an additional cost.)
- Unit Standard 115755 – Design and develop outcomes-based assessments
- Unit Standard 115759 – Conduct moderation of outcomes-based assessments (Note learners who have not been awarded this unit-standard will need to be trained and assessed separately. This can be done through Chartall Business College at an additional cost.)
- EXIT LEVEL OUTCOME 5: PROVIDE LEARNING SUPPORT TO LEARNERS AND ORGANISATIONS
- EXIT LEVEL OUTCOME 6: CONDUCT SKILLS DEVELOPMENT FACILITATION
- Unit Standard 15221 – Provide information and advice regarding skills development and related issues
- Unit Standard 252041 – Promote a learning culture in an organisation
- Unit Standard 15217 – Develop an organisational training and development plan
- Unit Standard 15232 – Coordinate planned skills development interventions in an organisation
- Unit Standard 15218 – Conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning for skills development and other purposes
- Unit Standard 15228 – Advise on the establishment and implementation of a quality management system for skills development practices in an organisation
- EXIT LEVEL OUTCOME 7: DEFINE STANDARDS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- EXIT LEVEL OUTCOME 8: MANAGE AND ADMINISTER EDUCATION TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- EXIT LEVEL OUTCOME 9: ENGAGE IN GENERAL MANAGEMENT ACTIVITIES4
- Unit Standard 15233 – Harness diversity and build on strengths of a diverse working environment
- Unit Standard 12140 – Recruit and select candidates to fill defined positions
- Unit Standard 114226 – Interpret and manage conflicts within the workplace
- Unit Standard 15237 – Build teams to meet set goals and objectives
- STAND-ALONE E-LEARNING PROGRAMMES