The Further Education and Training Certificate: Debt Recovery (NQF 4) – SAQA ID 49021 is the first step on the learning pathway that underpins a career in credit management. This qualification has been designed to assist learners with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values required to confidently operate in a debt recovery or junior credit management position.
The qualification includes a diversity of subjects, including an understanding of the legal environment, debtor correspondence and telephone contact skills as well as basic office administration and personal development skills.
The Further Education and Training Certificate: Debt Recovery is at National Qualification Framework Level 4. This is at the same level as the National Senior Certificate (NSC), so it is seen as ‘matric equivalent’ for those people who do not have the NSC. It SAQA ID is 49021 and the total minimum credit value of the programme is 140.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is this accredited?
Is this Unit Standard aligned?
All full qualifications are composed of unit standards. All unit standards in this qualification are recognised by FASSET.
Do I write tests/exams?
This qualification is assessed through the completion of formative and summative assessments which comprise mainly of a Portfolio of Evidence per skills programme and/or unit standard.
Must I submit a Portfolio of Evidence?
Assessments are conducted using tests and exams. Yes, you will submit a Portfolio of Evidence.
Can I earn exemptions?
If you have completed courses that are aligned to unit standards, Chartall will award exemptions.
Is it available via RPL?
Additional requirements must be adhered to, to qualify for RPL.
Do I need to be employed to enrol?
You do not need to be employed in the industry in order to enrol for the qualification.
Is this a fully online course?
Yes, the course is fully online. The course material is a combination of e-learning, resources, and pre-recorded e-lectures.
Do you offer a blended learning option?
Yes, we offer a blended learning approach. This is available as part of our corporate training and development solutions
Do I need the internet access for this course?
Yes, you do need internet access. A PC or tablet with sufficient connectivity to download learning materials and view videos.
NQF level 4
- Lectures 26
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
- Skills Programme 1: Debt recovery process
- Unit Standard 8974 – Engage in sustained oral communication and evaluate spoken texts
- Unit Standard 9015 – Apply knowledge of statistics and probability to critically interrogate and effectively communicate findings on life related problems
- Unit Standard 13943 – Analyse new developments reported in the media that could impact on a business sector or industry
- Unit Standard 13948- Negotiate an agreement or deal in an authentic work situation
- Unit Standard 110023 – Present information in report format
- Unit Standard 116606- Communicate orally with relevant stakeholders in the recovery of debt
- Skills Programme 2: Legislation, code of conduct and ethics in the Debt Recovery process
- Unit Standard 8976 – Write for a wide range of contexts
- Unit Standard 15234 – Apply efficient time management to the work of a department/division/section
- Unit Standard 110021 – Achieve personal effectiveness in business environment
- Unit Standard 110026 – Describe and assist in the control of fraud in an office environment
- Unit Standard 110526- Plan, organize, implement and control record-keeping systems
- Unit Standard 110531- Plan, organize and control the day to day administration of an office support function
- Unit Standard 116598- Compile debtor correspondence in accordance with legislation and standard procedures
- Unit Standard 116603- Demonstrate and apply understanding of the legal requirements relevant to the liquidation of debt
- Unit Standard 116608- Demonstrate knowledge and application of ethical conduct in a debt recovery work content
- Skills Programme 3: Manage credit grantors and debtor portfolios
- Unit Standard 7468 – Use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal, business, national and international issues
- Unit Standard 8968- Accommodate audience and context needs in oral communication
- Unit Standard 8969- Interpret and use information from texts
- Unit Standard 8970- Write texts for a range of communicative contexts
- Unit Standard 8972- Interpret a variety of literary texts
- Unit Standard 8975 – Read analyse and respond to a variety of texts
- Unit Standard 9016- Represent analyse and calculate shape and motion in 2-and 3-dimensional space in different contexts
- Unit Standard 12153- Use the writing process to compose texts required in the business environment
- Unit Standard 116599- Manage debtor portfolio
- Unit Standard 116601- Manage credit grantor portfolio
- Unit Standard 116610- Assess and allocate debt collecting accounts according to risk profile