The qualification has been curated by Culhane Consulting and explores business banking concepts, understanding and analysing financial statements, business risk analysis and how to win business and close deals. It has been designed to add value to the qualifying learner and further promote their competence, marketability and employability.
You will learn about accounting principles for business bankers and the 10 commandments of credit that should never be broken under any circumstance, the legal aspect of securities, analysing financial risk, building relationships with your business clients and much more.
During your studies you will gain the practical skills and knowledge to successfully thrive in the business banking environment.
Who is this qualification for?
- Middle to senior management in Retail Banking who wish to develop comprehensive skills in order to migrate into a Business or Commercial Banking environment
- All staff members who are involved, or will in the near future be involved, in the credit process for small to medium-sized business. These will include:
- Business Analysts
- Credit Officers
- Credit Managers
- Branch Managers
- Business Bankers
- Relationship Officers in a Business environment
- Relationship Managers in a Business environment
- Newly appointed graduates in Business Banking
- Newly appointed Managers
- Experienced credit managers who are looking for a refresher programme in credit
Non-bankers who would like to seek employment in the banking sector
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is this accredited?
Accrediting Body: BANK SETA
Is this Unit Standard aligned?
All full qualifications are composed of unit standards. All unit standards in this qualification are recognised by BANK SETA.
Do I write tests/exams?
This qualification is assessed through assessments which comprise activities and a Portfolio of Evidence submission.
Must I submit a Portfolio of Evidence?
This qualification is assessed through assessments which comprise a written Portfolio of Evidence
Can I earn exemptions?
If you have completed courses that are aligned to unit standards, Chartall will award exemptions.
Is it available via RPL?
This qualification is not eligible for RPL.
Do I need to be employed to enrol?
You do not need to be employed to register for this qualification.
Is this a fully online course?
Yes, the course is fully online. The course material is a combination of e-learning, resources, and pre-recorded e-lectures.
Do you offer a blended learning option?
Yes, we offer a blended learning approach. This is available as part of our corporate training and development solutions
Do I need the internet access for this course?
Yes, you do need internet access. A PC or tablet with sufficient connectivity to download learning materials and view videos.
- Lectures 24
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5-8 hours per week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 500
- Assessments Yes
- Module 1: Accounting Principles for Business Bankers
- Module 2: Legal Aspects of Securities
- Module 3: Analysis of Financial Risk
- Module 4: Advanced Credit Assessment in Practice
- Module 5: Winning Business and Closing Deals